Effective date:, 2021
Last Updated: , 2021
This website with the url of www.factumlegal.com (“Site/Website”) is operated by “Factum Legal” Advocates and Solicitors (“We/Our/Us”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We do collect your personal information and process your personal data in accordance with the IT Act, 2000 and Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011. Please read the document carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data.
Our website provides general information about the firm, its working, practice areas etc. and also provides research in the area of law and commerce open to the public for purpose of knowledge dissemination. (hereinafter the “Content”)
All partner firms and any third-party working with or for us, and who have access to personal information will be expected to read and comply with this policy. No third party may access or process personal information held by Us without having first entered into a confidentiality agreement.
We will, at all times, provide the option to you to not provide the Personal Information, which we seek from you. Further, you shall, at any time while using the Website/content, also have an option to withdraw your consent given earlier to us to use such Personal Information. Such withdrawal of the consent is required to be sent in writing to us at the contact details provided in this Policy below. In such event, however, the Company fully reserves the right not to allow further usage of the Application or provide any content thereunder to you.
In the event of a change in the law applicable to data protection in India, You hereby expressly consent to Our continued use, storage, collection and disclosure of Your Information including Personal Information to the fullest extent permitted under such applicable law. We may reach out to You for obtaining additional consents and approvals as required under the amended law and You will be required to comply with such requests. Should You choose to not provide Us with such additional consents and approvals, We may have to discontinue your access to the Website.
HOW WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION
From you directly and through this site: We may collect information through the website when you visit. The data we collect depends on the context of your interaction with our website.
Through business interaction: We may receive information through business interaction with you and your employees.
From other sources: We may receive information from other sources, such as public data base, joint meeting partners; social media platforms; or other third parties such as:
- Updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communicate more easily.
- Information about your interaction with the products and services offered by our associates, consultants, subsidiaries.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We collect the following types of information about You, both through online documentation that You may provide, as well as when You use Our Website: User personal Information, Demographic Information, Behavioural Information, and Indirect Information, (each of which have been defined below, and collectively, (“Information”)
- We collect information to provide better services to all our visitors.
- We may collect from You, information which is not unique to You and refers to selected population characteristics (“Demographic Information”) including age, gender and current location details.
- Your use of certain third party services on the Website also requires Us to collect such information as is considered necessary for that purpose (“Indirect Information”).
- We may also collect information about how You use the Website and information about Your mobile device and software including usage statistics, tracing data, Your IP address, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times, locations, and details regarding the parts of the Website that You access (“Behavioural Information”)
- when you visit our site, some information is automatically collected. This may include information such as the operating system (OS) running on your device, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type, and language, and the website you visited before our Website. We also collect information about how you use our content.
- we automatically collect content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features improve our website experience for you.
- The full Uniform resources Locator (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including data and time); cookie number; products and/or content you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs)
- Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you set your browser to reject cookies, some features will be unavailable. For more instruction, on how to provide you with the content for such period as mandated by the concerned laws.
- By using this website you are agreeing that we may advertise your feedback on the website.
- We will retain your information as long as we require this to provide you with the content for such period as mandated by the applicable laws.
- If you opt to receive or subscribe to our mailing list or newsletters, or provide us with your details at contact us page or networking events, we may use your personal data for our legitimate interests in order to provide you with details about latest developments in the field of law.
- We also collect information if you have applied for any employment or engagement with Us. For this type of collection, the data includes;
- name, gender, home address, permanent address, telephone number, date of birth, marital status, email address, any government issued identity/ age proof, emergency contacts or other contact information (including the gender, age, nationality and of any relatives and beneficiaries);
- photographs;, nationality and passport information;
- financial information such as bank account/ or other payment instrument details; taxpayer identification number;
- work history, technical skills, educational background, professional certifications and registrations, language capabilities, training courses attended;
- information captured on security systems, including CCTV;
- voicemails, e-mails, password, correspondence and other work and communications created, stored or transmitted by an employee using computer or communications equipment;
- date of resignation or termination, reason for resignation or termination, information relating to administering termination of employment, performance assessment/appraisal;
- the results of credit and criminal background checks, screening, information required to comply with laws, statutory obligations, the requests and directions of law enforcement authorities or court orders;
- acknowledgements regarding policies, including ethics and/or conflicts of interest policies and computer and other corporate resource usage policies;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to Factum Legal and
- any of the information received under above clauses by Factum Legal for collecting, receiving, possessing, using, processing, recording, storing, transferring, dealing, handling and disclosing under lawful contract or otherwise.
Most of the Sensitive Personal Data or Information We collect is the data or information that is wilfully and knowingly provided to us by You. However, in some instances, We collect Sensitive Personal Data or Information about You, based on our inferences about You, from other information provided to us by You or on our interactions with You or on such personal information about You that We receive from a third party with Your knowledge.
This Policy does not apply to any information that You may disclose publicly and which is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force and such information shall not be regarded as Sensitive Personal Data or Information for the purposes of this Policy. Further, the Sensitive Personal Data or Information of You shall not be disclosed to any third person unless the said third person is required to have the Sensitive Personal Data or Information of You to provide required services to You and/or with your permission and/or to help investigate, prevent or take action regarding unlawful and illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threat to the safety or security of any person, or to defend against legal claims and special circumstances such as compliance with the rules of any stock exchange, subpoenas, court orders, requests/order from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- we use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current website experience and improve our content.
- we use the information collected through this website and we may use your information to:
- Improve our services, Website and how we operate our business;
- Understand and enhance your experience using our website;
- Personalize our content and make recommendations;
- Provide support to your requests, comments and inquiries;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about upcoming events and news about new development in the field of law;
- We may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where required by applicable law or regulation for the purpose of verification of identity or for prevention, detection or investigation, including of cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences;
- Try to protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Information about our user is an important part of our business and we take due care to protect the same.
- we share your data with your consent or to complete any transaction or provide any product or service you have authorized. We also share data with our affiliates and subsidiaries, with vendors working on our behalf.
- we may employ other companies and individuals to perform function on our behalf. The functions include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, removing repetitive information from customer lists, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring credit risks, and providing customer services.
- We release account and other personal information when we believe is appropriate to comply with the laws, enforce or apply our conditions of use, and other agreements, protect the rights, property or safety of Us, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for Fraud Protection and Credit risk reduction.
- Keeping track of content stored.
- Conducting research and diagnostic to improve our content.
- Preventing fraudulent activity
- Improving security.
- Approved third parties also may also set cookies when you interact with Our content.
- Third parties include search engines, providers of measurement and analytics services, social media networks, and advertising companies.
- you can prevent the storage of cookies by choosing a ‘disable cookies’ option in your browser settings. But this can limit the functionality of our content.
- We take due care to protect data. Technical measures are in place to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to data. The employees who are dealing with the data have been trained to protect the data from any illegal or unauthorized usage.
- We endeavour to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to protect Your Information against loss, misuse, copying, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Further, We shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond Our reasonable control including but not limited to acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
- You accept the inherent security implications of providing information over internet / cellular / data networks and will not hold Factum Legal responsible for any breach of security or the disclosure of Personal Information unless Factum Legal has been grossly and wilfully negligent.
- Information collected from you will be stored for such period as required to complete the transaction entered into with you or such period as mandated under the applicable laws.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITE/APPS
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites of third parties. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites, such websites will apply different terms to the collection and privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these polices.
SOCIAL NETWORK PLUGNIS
This website incorporates plugins and/or buttons for social media networks, in order to allow easy sharing on your favorite social networks. These plugins are programmed so as not to set any cookies when assessing the page to safeguard the privacy of individual users. Cookies maybe set if you make voluntary use of the plugin. The collection and use thereafter are governed by the respective privacy policies of the social networks.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
- we do not share your personal data with third parties without your prior consent other than:
- with third parties who work on our behalf provided such third parties adhere to the data protection principles set out in the IT Act, 2000 or enter into a written agreement with Us requiring that the third party provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by such principles.
- To comply with the laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- In an emergency, including to protect the personal safety of any person; and
- For the purpose, of a business deal (or negotiation of business deal) involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding).
This website is intended for any person beyond the age of 18 years or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of the user. If you are under 18 or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may only use Our Website with the consent of your parent or legal guardian. In any case, we will not be liable for any cause of action that arose due to non-compliance with this section.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
- You can make choices about the collection and processing of your data by Us. In some cases your ability to control and access your data will be subject to applicable laws.
- you may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Us by following the instruction in those emails. If you opt out we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as about our ongoing business relationship.
- You may also request Us to delete Your Personal Information, and We will comply with such requests within a reasonable time, unless We are required to keep certain information for legal purposes.
- Should You choose to delete Your Personal Information, or modify it in a way that is not verifiable by Us, or leads to such Personal Information being incorrect, We will be unable to provide You with access to Our Website, and such a deletion or modification may be regarded as the user seeking to discontinue access to Our Website.
- We reserve the right to verify and authenticate Your identity and Your Personal Information in order to ensure accurate delivery of content through the Website.
- Access to, or correction, updating or deletion of Your Personal Information may be denied or limited by Us if it would violate another person’s rights and/or is not otherwise permitted by applicable law.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make any change to this policy we will change the last update data above. You agree that your continued use of our website, after such changes have been published, will constitute your acceptance of such revised policy.
If you have any concerns about your privacy, or have any grievance with Us, in respect of your use of our website. You can contact Us with the following information:
Contact Person: Deepika Sharma
Address: S 34, LGF, Greater Kailash-II, New Delhi-110048
Phone Number: 91 -11-41066313
Email address: email@example.com